Child Protector Toolkit for Adults
In the United States
As adults we are responsible for protecting the children in our community from child sexual abuse!
The 5 Steps to Protecting Our ChildrenTM
Our partner Darkness to Light has identified The 5 Steps to Protecting Our ChildrenTM from sexual abuse. (En español)
- Learn the facts about child sexual abuse.
- Minimize Opportunity for isolated and one-on-one settings with your child.
- Talk About It (sexual abuse), body safety, anatomical language and personal boundaries with your child.
- Recognize the Signs of emotional and behavioral changes that may signify sexual abuse.
- React Responsibly if a child shares that they have been abused. Stay calm, praise the child’s courage and listen.
If you suspect child sexual abuse…
National Child Abuse Hotline: 1-800-4-A-CHILD (1-800-422-4453)
Start the conversation with your kids today!
Darkness to Light
Child Welfare Information Gateway
NY Community Resources
Child Sexual Abuse in the News
-In partnership with-